Sunday, September 30, 2012

Puding Mangga

So yesterday, apart from making those lovely cinnamon rolls, I attempted to make those mango puddings you get at a dimsum restaurant. These puddings that I used to eat at a yumcha restaurant back in Melb were soft but slighltly jelly like. Eaten with evaporated milk, this was, according to me the best dessert to end a perfect yum cha. I always prefer the smooth pudding compared to the ones that still has the mango bits inside. So since mangga harum manis is in season, I decided to give it a try, sekalian ngobatin rasa rindu sama Melbourne,,,huhuhu...

After browsing for recipe, I get the general idea. You basically add mango puree to your pudding or jelly, whichever one you prefer. Not wanting to miss out on the best of both, I decided to make the top with jelly, and the bottom with pudding.


For a first attempt result, it was alright but nowhere near those mango puddings I am craving for. I will not post the recipe, since I am not satisfied with it. The texture needs to be softer, and I need to use less mango puree so the pudding will maintain its smooth texture. But for last night's dinner, this was definitely a treat for my hubby hihihi,,,,




No comments:

Post a Comment